Friday, December 28, 2012

The Original Singaporeans


In the future, if ever I look back on this period of my life, this bunch of people would forever live on in my memory. It's not that we were super close, in fact we are scattered all over the world, but somehow when we get together the feeling is always warm. It reminds me of my first day of work, or even before that when I went for my interview, Stella was the first person that walked by and smiled at me. Then on my first day, doing the introduction rounds, everyone was so warm and friendly. Turns out Cindy and I worked at a previous company together before. Weiling sat near me and we had regular lunches with the team. We had such fun on my first summer party, when Rina did a split in the middle of the dance floor. When they started moving to other offices, to China, to Malaysia, we would still hang out whenever they visited or when I visited. Patrick, Desmond, Eric, Ivy, Vivian and Adeline were so hospitable on my first time to Shanghai. When they started moving to other companies/jobs, we would still have outings and meetups (like yesterday's) and stay in touch through Facebook. Can I now dub us "the original Singaporeans" of Booking?

When you talk about company culture, this is really what tugs at my heart and why I'm still here, doing what I do. Although almost all of them have left Booking, but Booking was where we first met. No matter how much the company will grow and change, when I think of Booking, I will always think of this bunch.

No comments: