Friday, November 8, 2013

Halloween in Tokyo

I've never been a big fan of Halloween in Singapore, sometimes it just feels like an excuse to be slutty. And if you ever visited a costume store, slutty costumes (consisting of some bits of cloth sewed together) cost more than proper costumes and props, that say a lot about the demand no? Haha.
 
Previously I spent Halloween in Bangkok before on Khao San Road, that was an experience. *flashback*
In Tokyo though, Halloween lasts for like literally a month. I think once October hits, people start dressing up and storefronts get decorated (but turnover time is damn fast, on 1 November 8am the storefronts were already in Christmas mode).
 
It was a really fun experience to spend Halloween week in Tokyo. On my first day I walked into a Halloween parade on Omotesando, like literally walked into it. Pardon the photo quality my camera died on me :( so these were taken on my iPhone.
My friends brought me to Don Quijote (commonly known as "Donki" ドン・キホーテ) in Shibuya, a huge-ass discount store which sells costumes and everything else under the sun (you can liken it to a cooler version of Mustafa). So we went crazy buying funny hats, as the office was also having a Halloween lunch on the Halloween itself. I also found myself in One-sie heaven, finally I have a One-sie, shall debut it at BAM!! Muahahaha.
It was a riot in the office.
 

No comments: