Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Meals: Prego & The Coffee Shot

Miss Kim was in town over the weekend. She surprised us at the office, and we decided to go for dinner. Goodness knows she needed dinner, she is so skinny now!! Always nice catching up with friends who I don't see often :)

We met up at Prego @ Fairmont Hotel Singapore. It was my first time there, though I've heard about it before. Really nice but pricey, so be ready to spend!


For starters, we had the caprese salad - the one here is really good! The cheese fills your mouth and is complemented by the thick balsamic vinegar (you can tell it's a really good grade of vinegar by its texture!) The rest had parma ham, olives and bruschetta.




For mains, I had the crab pasta (changed fusili to linguine). The crab meat chunks were big and fulfilling, though the sauce was a little too watery for my liking. The taste of the seafood cream sauce was still good though.


For desserts, we shared a tiramisu and a super sinful (but yum!) chocolate caramel cake. Yum yum in my tumtum! Though I still think the tiramisu at Poulet was the best I've had!


And what completes a good meal, of course the good company at the table!

That's me going "Look here Jinny..." Haha.

***

And on Saturday I went to get my iPhone 5! Haha finally! It's not so much the new phone, it's the "omgawwwddd I have 4G it's so fast!!!!!!!" Seriously. Why was I wasting money on 3G. Pfft.

Then went to meet my funny pals at The Coffee Shot where we had damn alot of cock to talk about. It's just down the road from Chye Seng Huat (which did not impress me...). There wasn't a crowd, there was good strong Wifi and the coffee was pretty good! I had the Tiramisu Latte (iced) and an Apple Crumble Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream (mmmmm yummy)! A little hidden gem I'd say!

No comments: