Friday, November 14, 2014

Suitcase Living


On my first travel photography gig, in my very favourite Taipei. 

Am so very thankful for this opportunity, and it's been a great learning experience so far! Being out in the field is very different from just shooting at leisure. It's definitely tough but doing what you love is such a joy, you don't feel the weariness until you're back in the hotel, put down the camera, and breathe out. Then it hits you. 

A typical day sees me shooting from 8am till around 8pm, which is probably when I eat my first proper meal of the day. Thereafter back to the hotel to organise images to ensure all the shots are usable, and to ensure I'm on schedule to get all the required location shots. I sleep about 1am and am up again at 7am. Some days are tougher than others, especially when it rains, or when it's so cold but I have to wait outdoors for that one shot. Thank the heavens for ponchos, heat tech and Uniqlo bubble jackets LOL. 

Luckily for me, Nettie was able to accompany me for most of this trip and she's been such such such a godsend. I don't know what I would have done without her! 

Ok, time to go back to post-processing! Will be back with some Tokyo photos soon!

No comments: