Thursday, January 2, 2014

Annual New Year's Brunch 2014


Since a couple years ago, my poly mates and I started this tradition of having brunch on New Year's day. 2013 was the best turn-out, and of course some years the group is smaller. We meet early and some are still hungover from the night before, some escape Singapore for the festivities, some overseas join us through Face Time moments. No matter the group size, I'm sure everyone was with us in spirit. I love how even though I only see some of them once a year, conversations still take off from where we left.

This year we whacked it to the far east to Chock Full of Beans. I'd been there once for my birthday in March, and was blown away by the latte art. I had wanted a 3D hello kitty, but well, due to the cafe being damn crowded they did not have time (or foam) to make it for me. Not sure if I would make a 3rd trip down just for it, but we'll see.


After brunch, we paid a visit to Lennel's new house at Prive. Bought a Chocolate Origins cake from Changi Village as a housewarming gift, and it was indeed VERY GOOD. Moist, rich and definitely better than Awfully Chocolate. Though 1 slice is enough for the diet conscious. According to one of my friends, "the best kept eastie secret for the longest time", though now it has expanded out and also available at 313 Somerset.



No comments: