Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nantsuttei Ramen


What makes a good bowl of ramen? The thick broth? The springy noodles? The melt-in-your-mouth chashu? The enthusiastic service staff? The authenticity level? (Are you hungry yet?)

I think Nantsuttei has it all! I've walked past it countless times while dining at Millenia's Walk Oitadakimasu area and finally we tried it for lunch one day. I'm sooo hooked! Nettie has the highest standards for ramen, and this one passed the test.

Recommend with 2 thumbs up - the Chashu Ramen (SGD16), comes with 4 succulent pieces of chashu. If you like spicy, they also have one with spicy miso minced meat. Don't be "gaykiang" and order Extreme, but if you do, don't worry the toilet is just next door.


Grab a bar seat and watch the very very cool automated ramen cooking machine. Press a button, and the sieve decends into the boiling water, rising after the ramen is perfectly cooked to timing.

1 comment:

Jac said...

Hi Marilyn, I saw your pic of the ramen above and I really love it! looks very yummy. Would like to ask for permission to use it in a food app I am curating please? The photo will be credited back to you/this webpage.

Hope to hear from you soon? please drop me an email and i'll send you more details. You can contact me at theoccasionaltraveller (at) gmail

thanks!
Jac
theoccasionaltraveller.com