Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Insta Update

My worst case of jet lag was waiting for me when I reached Singapore, my sleep cycle has just only recovered after the weekend, when I thankfully caught up with enough Zs. I found myself in such a lackluster mood and only perked up after 9pm, and could only sleep after 1am every night. That's not such a shocker for most of you, but for someone who usually sleeps before midnight, it totally screwed me up.

But now I'm back! And it's the end of the week! Whoohoo because Singapore gets 2 public holidays this week, and it leads into the weekend :) We're having a barbecue over at our place, and the theme is Nautical or Naughty Girl. LOL. Nettie came up with it, I think I'll be a Nautical Naughty Girl :P

Until then, I've not much to update this space, except post some Instagram photos (follow me if you like: marilyny).

Every morning in Amsterdam I'd stop by the Starbucks at The Bank, just below the office building. It's the coolest and prettiest Starbucks I've ever been, and one of my favorites, cos the staff are so friendly and nice (that's rare in Amsterdam LOL). I'm pretty sure I've raved about this branch before, but well, it's a nice familiar place in a foreign land.
 
7 going into 8pm and the sun is still blaring down upon us. And it only really starts to darken after 10pm. It's rather strange, I have to say. It's like you're talking to your friend, taking your time with your meal, thinking it's just early in the evening, and lo and behold, you glance at your watch and do a double take. If I ever have to relocate there, the long summers are something I don't think I'd ever be used to.

So someone said that horses sleep with their eyes open...and I googled it...AND IT'S TRUE. Omg. But they can also sleep with their eyes closed or half-closed, it's apparently an option. So I went up to these horsies to take this picture, and their nostrils started twitching, I dunno cos of my perfume? But yeah, it's still a mystery if these horses were sleeping or not.

I missed the Summer Party in Singapore at Azzura, but I didn't do too bad myself, getting a few Sol beers at the Freaky Friday in Amsterdam. But it was nice to see all the photos up by the time I got back to my hotel room, and this one was so cute, I stole it off Facebook to post on my Instagram haha. Wish I was there, but I am attending the Greater China events in Suzhou next month, so more consolation there :D

After getting back to Singapore at 5am, I reached home and totally defied everything I told myself ("Must force myself not to sleep when I reach back!!") and crashed till 2pm. Forced myself out of bed, or rather Nettie forced me out of bed by whining about her hunger pangs, and we went to Parkway for some teppanyaki and sashimi. Dive right back into Asian food yeah.

Saw this one morning after coming out of the bathroom sleepily. I exclaimed, omg the haze is back, but there's a huge-ass rainbow!!! Come see!!! Not haze yo, damn heavy rain started pouring down almost immediately after I said that. The rainbow disappeared, and the rain stopped after 10 minutes, and the sky was clear blue again by the time we were ready to leave the house for work. Talk about drastic weather changes.

Ever since Daddy retired, he's spent some time doing little projects around the house, and this is his latest. Pretty nice I have to say, immediately iPhone came up and was on instagram within minutes! He basically used some old lanterns and some stuffs bought from Daiso, and transformed our balcony into a cosy little garden corner.

Nettie's current obsession. There was a period of time it was Sushi Express every week, now it's Teppanyaki every week. We've found her favorite one out of many we tried, it's at the NEX food court, and 3/4 of the food the guy above is cooking belonged to us (or rather her). HAHA.

Well, quite a long post for someone with no updates. To my Muslim friends, happy Eid al Fitr, and to all Singaporeans, a happy National Day! And also....happy 1st day of the Hungry Ghost Festival for all (erm) Taoists?? Hurhur. Cheerios!

No comments: