Monday, January 21, 2013

A Fishy 28th Birthday

On 12th January my big bundle of bubbling joy turned 28. I still can't believe it..28...she still looks like she's 18. Haha. Sheesh that means I turn 27 this year. Well age is just a number, don't let it get to your head. But that's besides the point. We got up early to have brunch at Marche, and visited the Maritime Museum & Aquarium at Sentosa.



The girls printed her a very cute redemption voucher. We have yet to visit the Adventure Cove Waterpark due to the shitty weather!! But soon!


We got to walk through the Maritime Museum. You get this cute passport which you can stamp at different stations. Basically you walk through different regions and eras, learning about the spice routes, pirates and taking photos with cute exhibits.



Having been to several other aquariums around the world, my review is: yeah it's big but that's about it. There weren't any special activities (like Bangkok had a water-glass boat ride) and it was waaaaay crowded. Also I don't quite like the idea that they opened the aquarium when some tanks were not functioning yet. I paid the full fare, I expect to see the whole aquarium. Would be interesting though to enjoy a fish dish at the Aquarium restaurant while watching the fish swim by (hurhur).



And after that, we indeed went....to have some seafood snacks HAHAHA. Mussel Guys at Vivocity for cheap beer and cheap snacks! I don't know why there's always no queue, and yet Kim Gary next door has snaking queues (it's not even nice!). But well, good for us then.

No comments: