Monday, February 4, 2013

Insta Updates


Gawd. Less than a week to CNY!! I "kweh shiu" with people for 10 minutes in Chinatown....and gave up. The heat, the sticky skin, the shouting, nah totally not how I want to spend my Saturday. Plus I fell sick after that fml.


My very own wax seal!! Nettie sneakily ordered it behind my back!! Chio max, now I need a reason to like...erm....write a letter? Give a present? Quick I want to use it!



Friday's dinner. Going local (or rather going Malaysian) with JiaXiangMian! Can you believe I know the jingle but haven't eaten it before. Yummy yummy 'cept for superficial tasting prawns, all was good!



Nette Koh spotting a 蕾丝边 look. Whaha I made up that word, funnies. Funny I can't squeeze in Chinatown, but I'm all for squeezing in Bugis Village until Nettie nudges me and rolls her eyes, starts complaining that her soles hurt, hoping I will get the hint that she can't stand it anymore LOL.



I remember someone overseas asking me what Singaporeans ate for breakfast. I had to pause and think for awhile, because we were going for cafe brunches so often that period...I was like "erm...bread? eggs? kaya? coffee?" TOTALLY SLIPPED MY MIND about hawker food...until I had to stinge on food cos my $$ was rather tight last few weeks, and we kept eating at hawker centres. Haha. Ok so actually, normal Singaporeans....eat at hawker centres, and we eat stuff like Lor Mee, Orh Lua and Chai Tao Kway. Go google it if you don't know what they are HAHA.

Tiong Bahru Lor Mee @ Old Airport Road (4/5 if you like thick gooey zhup), Orh Lua also at Old Airport Road (4/5 big juicy fresh oysters not that I eat them, I'm a weirdo that only eats the starch) and Chai Tao Kway at Macpherson Food Centre (3/5 for the white one, 5/5 for the black one super yums!)

No comments: