Monday, February 25, 2013

The Devotion Project


Just watched the whole series of The Devotion Project on Youtube last night. There are 6 videos released so far, all created by Antony Osso, who wanted to provide role models for LGBTQ people growing up in today's society.

The 6 short films portray different types of LGBTQ couples, the challenges they face, the love and commitment they have for each other. I like that it's very real, it covers very real problems. It doesn't sexualize the community, which is a problem I feel we have. It just shows pure raw love, which is very bittersweet.

My favorite is #1 More Than Ever, where 2 veterans share their life together, from meeting at a bath at 18, from being separated by their enlistment, how one supported the other in getting his degree, the house they fell in love with together, and how old age has affected them. Sadly, one has passed on shortly after the making of this film. It's a sad yet happy story, because they got to spend 54 years of their life together, but yet it has ended. Jeanette always tells me we don't have enough time, before you know it sixty years have passed and she still has not enough time with me. I think this story struck a chord for her.

Go catch the other films on Youtube, just search "The Devotion Project". You will be touched. Trust me.

No comments: