Monday, June 10, 2013

Zichar // Make Your Own Cocktails

The irony of posting about food after that popular blood type diet post HAHA. What to do, we live in Singapore I.E. food haven! Technically seafood is still ma thing and is good for me, so CRABS HERE I COME!

Friday after work we headed down to Old Airport Road Food Centre. Always see long queues for this zichar stall, so wanted to try it out. The crabs were damn big and only SGD30+ per kg. Super meaty but I have to say not as sweet as the restaurant-standard crabs. Plus if you are there, always order from the aunty, there is this tall uncle that takes orders and he has the memory of a goldfish!! I once had to repeat my order 5 times over 5 minutes to him -_- Plus I think it's in his KPI or something to promote the chicken rice (which are 100% the leftovers from the chicken rice stall opposite). The black hokkien mee is pretty good though, although can't beat Lorong 31!

 
The beauty about eating in the hawker centre is that you can order so many other nice dishes from the other stalls. Omnomnom, I had my favorite chicken wings with lime dribbled all over!!
 
 
Super satisfied BURP!
 
***
 
On Saturday, we spontaneously went to watch a movie at I12 Katong, called "Now You See Me". If you like movies that keep you guessing, this movie is for you. I think Trance was a better movie than this, but it's still worth a watch.
 
Then later at night, we headed to Michael's for Make Your Own Cocktail Night!! I was so impressed, everything was prepared so meticulously. He blended all the fruit purees, cut all the fruits, prepared all the syrups, and even set up his iPad with all the cocktail recipes.
 

 
 
Of course Nettie became the resident bartender for awhile. She made super yummy lychee martinis and mojitos for everyone!!
 
 
Later Nigel brought out his homemade chili dip, which was DA BOMB DIGGITY. That was it! The rest of the night....we were stuck at the table eating chips and chili!
 

No comments: