Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I'm so Thirsty!

Cannot tell you.....how glad I was to have a long weekend!! Was a very impromptu weekend with last-minute plans to go get drinks at Brewerz and then Hood Bar, deciding last minute to watch a movie, getting ready last minute to go clubbing, and (well not so last minute) but catching up with one of my oldest pals! All in all a pretty good weekend seeing lots of people, and sleeping so damn early yesterday Nettie slept at 8 omg....LOL. Asking old bones to go clubbing, that's what you get.

 
Ya huh...I think it was a pretty good night. LOL.
 
***
 
Quite A little bit hungover, headed to The Ground Café & Bar with some coke (coke cures everything I swear) and chats with Cher. Have known her since I was 6  years old. We meet up here and there, sometimes frequently sometimes once in 3 years (cue me staring at her lol), but it was a nice feeling to be able to just fall back into sync with someone who I've not seen in awhile and to be reminded as to why...well as to why we are still friends. Like I told her yesterday, I'm at a point where I will only really maintain friendships if I sense the other party is equally committed to me. I have many friends around me, so I really can't be bothered with those who do not put me as a priority. Not that I have to be number 1, but you know, if you say you wanna meet, and we've agreed on a time, to stick to it. Simple things like this! But strangely, not everyone can do that.
 
The Ground Café is pretty near my place. Passed by it several times but haven't tried it. I went to the previous establishment there before, Big Bad Wolf, which I quite liked so sad they closed down. Atmosphere wise, really nice for some chats with friends. They had outdoor seating too, which I think would be nice if the fans outside were on. Didn't really try much from the menu, my stomach could only handle coke and tea, but Cher had 2 cups of flat white and she said it was pretty good. And heard good reviews about the food as well (though the truffle fries I had were a little meh). Probably be back again on a better day to try out more drinks and food!
 

No comments: