Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Retrospect

Living together…is actually not much different than not living together.

In fact, we find that we spend even less time together (although if we were to actually sit down and calculate I’d obviously be proven wrong), it just feels  like less time. The bulk of the day is spent at work, apart from each other, missing each other. We’re kept busy at work, so time flies.

We’re settling into a routine, but I don’t mean it in a bad way. If you gave us both a month off from work, to do nothing but be with each other, I’d guess that it wouldn’t be quite enough either.

Prior to me moving over, we had to deal with reactions from both camps. There were those who were really supportive, and those who were super sceptical (wet blanket much). Living together is the one big test of a relationship. I’d like to think that we passed with flying colors, because not only did we not get bored of each other, we’re missing each other even more. If that’s even possible, but I’m telling you, it IS. So yes, I’m a lucky bitch (as was Ke Wei’s reaction when I told her), and so is Baby because we have each other. So so lucky.

I asked Baby what will happen when the chemicals in our brains fizzle and die after 2 years (apparently that’s the timespan for a relationship to wither off). And she replied, “that will never happen, because I fall in love with you again every day, so your two year dateline will never come.”

No comments: