Monday, April 19, 2010

Growing Up Shouldn't Be So Hard

The relationship I have with my parents is a strange bizarre one.

Like there are times when I feel they are open towards me. Like for example, when I got my first tattoo there was barely a hoohah and they were even quite interested in my others after that. And then there are times when I feel I can't talk to them AT ALL. Like when I was in a dilemma to change jobs or not.

I feel suffocated by their expectations at times. On other occasions, they try to make leeways for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it has not always been consistent. So now with this big and looming piece of news, I find it hard to decide when/what/how to say what I wanna say. It's not just conveying the news, it's letting them know the rationale behind it and that it's not their fault, I just want to grow up and be on my own for abit.

Let's hope tonight goes well. If not, I guess we have already prepared for the worst and I'm ready to leave the nest!

No comments: